Saturday, November 25, 2006

You've got mail!

Received the following e-mail in my inbox this morning:

Hello,

Due to the death of my Father General Abacha the former head of state of Nigeria in June 1998, I have been thrown into a state of hopelessness by the present administration.  I have lost confidence with anybody within my country.

I got your contacts through personal research, and had to reach you through this medium.

I will give you more details when you reply.  Due to security network placed on my daily affairs I cant visit the embassy so that is why I have contacted you.  My Father deposited $12.6million dollars with a security firm abroad whose name is witheld for now till we communicate.

I will be happy if you can receive this funds and keep it safe I assure you 20% of this fund.  I will need your telephone/mobile numbers so that we can commence communication. I await your urgent response.

Yours truly,

Mustapha

Well, for once I was lucky enough to have my e-mail address choosen from millions and billions of e-mails.  As if I, a Maltese, am gonna trust someone called 'Mustapha'!  This time he happened to be from Nigeria, the previous one was a female from South Africa.


 

3 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

I received a similar email lately. They are all spam emails wasting your time, email space allocation and unfortunately some get trapped in believing them and geting themselves robbed.

16:58

 
Blogger Hsejjes said...

I once recieved a very respecatable looking letter by post all 'legally' signed by a lawyer from somewhere in Spain, stating that I had won quite a large sum of money. All they wanted was for me to return the letter with my bank account number....The Maghtab rubbish dump had an extra paper added to it.

20:54

 
Blogger keBo said...

But you have to respect the guy for his originality and resemblance to authenticity.

:P

11:01

 

Post a Comment

<< Home